It wasn’t hard at all creating my own widget for Android. The Vintage Thermometer created by Ivan (the guy from MindTheRobot.com) served as a starting point for my widget. First I removed the sensor specific part from the code and added getters and setters to be able to pass any value I like to the widget. The second step was adding a significant amount of comment to the code. The third and last thing I did was making the widget more configurable. The result is given below.
- Widget type: gauge, dial or both.
- Enabling the extra colored ring indicating ranges scale ranges.
- Setting the 3 individual colors of the gauge.
- Setting the scale limits.
- Setting the min and max values for each range.
- Setting the increments for each large and small notch.
I will make the binary version available soon. Please check back later.
Because Ivan was very helpfull, I decided to update his code also. I’ve added properties and inline comments to his source code. Please check Mind the Robot for updates on the Vintage Thermometer. Also check that site for other Android related items.